Arugula and Broccoli Slaw Salad with Tahini Dressing
This is a quick salad you can toss together and add as a side to any meal. Using pre-packaged greens and slaw makes it so easy and convenient. The dressing can be made in a food processor or blender but as you can see from the pictures, I did’t even bother getting my Ninja out. I simply added all the ingredients to a jar and whisked it up! Then I just store the extra dressing right in the jar in the refrigerator. Dressing will thicken as it sits in the refrigerator, so simply add a little water to thin.
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups arugula
- bag of broccoli slaw (or desired amount)
- 1 cup packaged shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- water for thinning
- Make dressing first by combining all ingredients in a food processor or jar. Slowly add water until dressing is desired consistency. It should be relatively thick but still pourable.
- Combine the arugula, slaw and carrots in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over salad in small amounts and toss gently. Add more if needed. It’s always better to have to add more rather than having a soggy salad with too much dressing.
- If desired, you can squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the top and add slices of avocado for a nice finishing touch!