Asian Zucchini Noodle Salad
A cold zucchini salad is a great option for a summertime meal or side dish. Make the dressing ahead of time and store in the refrigerator so it’s ready to go once you put your salad ingredients together. Mix and match your vegetables to your liking (cabbage or snow peas would also be delish!). If you don’t have a spiralizer, buy some zucchini noodles in the produce section. Also, prepared shredded carrots would be quick and easy. I didn’t have any on hand, so I had to spiralize mine.
- 1/4 cup sunflower butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (double if you don’t have sesame oil)
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- juice of ½ lime
- 5 sprigs of fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp of water (for thinning)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 large spiraled carrot (or 1 cup shredded carrots)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh cilantro
- roasted sesame seeds (garnish)
- Add all dressing ingredients to small food processor or ninja blender. Blend until smooth. Add small amounts of water if needed to get desired consistency.
- Add prepared vegetables to a large mixing bowl. Pour half of dressing over the top and gently toss. Add additional amounts and toss after each.
- Plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds.