Are you having guests or family over for dinner and need a meal idea that’s a step up from grilled chicken or burgers. This is the perfect dish for such an occasion! These filets plate up so beautifully and will surely impress the biggest critics. So whether you are comfortable in the kitchen or are a novice at best, don’t let that deter you from trying this recipe. Quick, easy and most importantly, so, so delicious!!
- 4 salmon filets (preferably wild-caught)
- ¼ cup avocado mayo
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp jarred chopped garlic or fresh cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp raw honey (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper and brush with the olive oil.
- Pat the salmon filets dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the filets skin-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Combine the hemp seeds and pecans in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the mayo, mustard, garlic and honey.
- Spread each filet with an equal amount of the mayo mixture. Carefully spoon the hemp seeds and pecans evenly over each filet and press down lightly with fingers.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filets. Check doneness using a fork. Filets should be flaky and still pinkish. Be careful not to overcook!