Blueberry and Peach Chia Jam
I’ve been experimenting lately with making grain-free breads and what better topping than some homemade jam. Fall is of course peach season and I had one big, juicy peach left from the farmer’s market so I decided to make a blueberry and peach chia jam. It turned out delicious and is very easy to make!
- 1 cup organic blueberries (I used fresh but you could also use frozen)
- 1 cup peaches, peeled and cut into small pieces (riper is better)
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1-2 tablespoons raw honey (I used 1½ Tbsp)
- 2-3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, add blueberries, peaches, lemon juice, zest and honey. Place over medium heat and stir together.
- As fruit heats up and begins to bubble, smash the fruit with a potato masher or with the back of a fork.
- Once fruit is broken up and has a jam consistency, turn heat to low and add the chia seeds and cinnamon. (Start with 2 Tbsp of the chia seeds.)
- Continue to simmer and stir on low heat for 2-3 minutes to allow the chia seeds to absorb some of the liquid.
- Remove from heat and continue to stir for several minutes. If jam needs to be thicker, stir in the remaining tablespoon of chia seeds.
- Allow to cool on the counter. Transfer to a jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.