Cashew Chicken Liver Stir Fry
I know, I know…another liver post! This one has an Asian twist to it and is delish and super easy make! The most important thing to remember when cooking liver is not to overcook it. It cooks up very quickly. Give it a try!
- 1 lb grass-fed chicken livers, cut up (pat dry and season with salt and pepper)
- 2-3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2″ chunks
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3-4 Tbsp avocado oil (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter ( or almond butter)
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari)
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- chopped green onion, topping
- In a small bowl, mix together sunflower seed butter, coconut aminos, sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, add half of avocado oil. When hot, add broccoli, onion and red bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, add remaining oil and return to medium heat. Add the chicken liver. Cook for about 2 minutes on one side. Flip and cook until browned and cooked through. It doesn’t take long!
- Add vegetables back into skillet and combine with the liver.
- Pour sauce over entire mixture and toss to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cashew pieces.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or enjoy as is!