To be honest, I wasn’t quite sure what to call this dip since it has a little bit of everything in it!! It’s creamy and chunky at the same time and has just the right touch of sweetness…so yummy!! This is a great dip to bring to a gathering because it appeals to everyone. It is equally delicious served with crackers or sliced vegetables. (I’ve actually caught people eating it off their fork!)
Note: Dips can be very caloric so I suggest using the best quality ingredients possible. You’ll feel better knowing you are getting some nutritional value and splurging at the same time!
- 6 oz of goat cheese (chèvre), room temperature
- 2/3 cup approved mayo (I use Primal Kitchen)
- 1 cup fresh cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped**
- 5-6 slices of quality bacon, cooked and cut into smaller pieces
- ½ cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped (look for brands with no added oil or sugar)
- 3-4 green onions, chopped (reserve a small amount for garnishing)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Add the goat cheese, mayo, salt and pepper to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat together until creamy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix by hand with a large spoon or spatula.
- Chill for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with fresh vegetables and/or gluten-free crackers. (I have a recipe for grain-free crackers if you’re really feeling motivated!)
** To toast the walnuts, place on a sheet pan and put in a 350 degree oven for approximately 8 minutes. Be careful not to burn.