This easy make ahead breakfast (or lunch) is perfect if you need something to grab and go in the morning. Pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds or wrap them up for later. The recipe can be switched up based on your personal preferences or whatever you have hanging around in your fridge. Add more or less of your favorite veggies, change the meat or go meatless or just get creative with different spice combinations. You’re in charge!
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)
- 6 slices of Primal-approved bacon
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 red or green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Place a small skillet over medium heat until warmed. Add bacon and fry until browned. Use slotted spoon to remove bacon. Place on paper towels and set aside. When cooled, cut or tear into smaller pieces. (Could also cook in the oven.)
- Return skillet to heat and add onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Add spices and spinach, cook for 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add chopped bacon and mix to combine all ingredients.
- In a greased muffin tin, divide the bacon and veggie mixture into the individual muffin cups.
- Pour the beaten eggs evenly into each cup until almost full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.