I love the flavors of this soup!! The combination of the spices with the roasted vegetables is so delicious and gives me that warm, cozy feeling. And the beautiful golden color is perfect for fall and Thanksgiving!
For a time saving tip, roast your vegetables the day before and store in the refrigerator. You will appreciate one less step when the time comes.
- 2-3 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets (bite size)
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 1½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- (additional salt and pepper for roasting vegetables)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add cauliflower and sweet potatoes to a prepared sheet pan. Drizzle with 1-2 Tbsp avocado oil and season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- In a small bowl, combine all the spices and set aside. This makes it much easier as you will be adding them all at once.
- Add remaining oil to a dutch oven or stock pot and heat over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and spices and cook for 2 minutes to allow all the flavors to come together. If too dry, add a small amount of water or oil.
- Add the broth, coconut milk and roasted cauliflower and sweet potatoes.
- Stir to combine and simmer briefly over low heat.