Turn this casserole dish into your own creation and one that your family will love. Swap out any of these vegetables for your favorites. Some great suggestions include green beans, sweet potatoes or peas.
- 16 oz grass-fed or organic ground beef
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped or 2 heaping tsp jarred garlic
- 2-3 cups of cauliflower florets
- 2-3 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced bella mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp dijon or brown mustard
- ½ cup organic heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup avocado mayo
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1-1½ cup shredded cheese (I used ½ mozzarella and ½ cheddar)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the mayo, mustard, heavy cream, flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the onions. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the ground beef and garlic, season with salt and pepper. Cook until ground beef is browned. Remove from heat.
- Spray an 8×10 casserole dish and add the vegetables. Spread the ground beef over the top and toss everything together.
- Pour the mayo mixture over the entire pan and evenly distribute ingredients around the dish.
- Spread the cheese over the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.