Cauliflower and Pork Sausage Skillet
- ½ lb pork sausage
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets and roasted
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced or 2 heaping tsp jarred garlic
- 1 – 14.5 oz can of whole tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped (reserve juice)
- 1½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- 2-3 cups fresh spinach
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place cauliflower florets on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes and set aside.
- Heat butter and EVOO in a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, pork sausage, and spices and cook until sausage is browned.
- Toss in the mushrooms and continue to stir. After 2-3 minutes, turn the heat down to medium and add the spinach. Cook just until it starts to wilt.
- Add the tomatoes and roasted cauliflower. Cook until heated through.
- Lastly, add the cheese and give everything a couple of stirs until cheese begins to melt. Remove from heat.