Coconut Curry Cauliflower Rice
A curry side dish that is not only healthy and delicious but is quick and easy as well. The flavors will compliment any protein dish perfectly. The vibrant colors add eye appeal for that beautiful finishing touch to your plate.
- 12 oz bag of frozen cauliflower rice, thawed
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 heaping tsp minced jarred garlic or minced fresh cloves
- ½ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½-1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together coconut milk, curry powder, turmeric, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the coconut oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, peas and ½ of the reserved coconut milk mixture. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Lastly, add the cauliflower rice and remaining coconut milk. Continue to cook until rice is heated. This will not take long so be careful not to overcook or you’ll end up with a mushy dish.