Cold Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
This salad has only six ingredients (plus the vinaigrette) but it is so flavorful and pretty to look at! If you’ve never tried shaved Brussels sprouts, they’re a great way to switch up your salad greens. Adjust the ingredient amounts according to your likings as well as what size bag of shaved Brussels sprouts you use. Take this salad to any party or serve to your dinner guests and everyone will be impressed!
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
- 14-20 oz shaved brussel sprouts (I’ve seen 10 oz and 14 oz bags)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped (I use Pederson’s)
- 1/4-1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened cherries (no sugar or oil added)
- 3/4-1 cup pecans halves
- 1 cup chèvre goat cheese, crumbled (feta would work as well)
- 1/2 cup packaged shredded carrots (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Brussel sprouts, red onion, carrots, pecans, goat cheese and dried cherries (reserving a small amount to sprinkle on top.
- Add dressing (start with half and add more as needed) and gently toss together. Top with a few extra cherries and pecans.
- 1 large orange, juiced (about 1/3 cup)
- zest of orange, 2-3 teaspoons
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon jar minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons raw honey (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a small food processor or mason jar and mix or shake well.
- Store extra vinaigrette in the refrigerator.