Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Onions and Apples
Crispy Brussel sprouts with a touch of sweetness! Yum! Of course, anything with Brussel sprouts and I’m all in. It’s apple season…yah! They’re everywhere and there are more varieties than ever before. I used Pink Lady because that’s what I had on hand but that is certainly not a must. However, I would recommend an apple variety that tends to be crisper.
- 2 – 16 oz bags of Brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 apples, diced or sliced (I used a Pink Lady variety)
- 2-3 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil and drizzle a small amount of oil over the foil.
- Add Brussel sprouts and red onion to sheet pan. Drizzle with the remaining avocado oil and season with garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss vegetables with a large spoon.
- Add diced apples to sheet pan and return to the oven for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- To achieve that extra crispness, broil under high setting for 2-3 minutes.