Crunchy Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
What’s better than an almond butter and chocolate duo? It happens to be one of my favorite combos! This cookie recipe marries these two together in a delicious, soft cookie that melts in your mouth! If you like a little extra crunch, adding the chopped almonds will do the trick.
- 2 cups paleo flour
- ¾ cup Swerve brown sugar, cane sugar or monk fruit (or any combination)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup grass-fed butter (softened)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup crunchy almond butter
- 2-3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce (if you like a softer cookie)
- ¾-1 cup Lily chocolate chips
- ½ cup almonds, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, soda and salt in a medium sized bowl and whisk together.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar(s) together with an electric mixer.
- Add the almond butter, egg, vanilla, (and applesauce, if using) and mix briefly.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, using the mixer or with a large spoon.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips and extra almonds.
- Using a small scooper or spoon, place batter on to a silicone lined baking sheet. Do not flatten.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Cookies may look under-baked but trust me on this!
- Allow cookies to sit on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.