Crunchy Celery and Apple Salad
I admit I’ve never been a real big celery fan. It always seems stringy and flavorless to me unless you pile it with dip or almond butter (and that can get dangerous very quickly). So lately I have been trying to embrace celery and I guess you could say, give it a second chance! This salad was definitely a step in the right direction. The crunch and the combination of flavors really made the celery shine. It’s Keto friendly if you omit the cranberries and use a quality sugar-free maple syrup such as Lakanto (Aunt Jemima won’t cut it!). Whether you’re already a celery lover or still on the fence, give this salad a try. I loved it!
- 1-2 cups celery, cleaned and cut into 1/4″ chunks
- 1 apple, cubed (Granny Smith or your choice)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup feta or goat cheese
- cranberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (I used a little less)
- 1 heaping Tbsp approved dijon or brown mustard
- 1 Tbsp ACV
- juice of ½ lime or lemon
- 1 Tbsp approved mayo
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup (I used a keto maple syrup)
- In a small bowl, add the ingredients for the dressing and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, add celery, apple, carrots, pecans, cheese and cranberries.
- Pour dressing over the top and and mix to combine.
- Chill and serve.