Cucumber, Blueberry and Basil Protein Smoothie
I love making a quick and nutritious smoothie in the morning, especially after a good workout. I’m all about using healthy ingredients to create different flavors that are tasty and filling. There are endless combinations you can try that will keep your taste buds happy! When making a healthy and nutrient-rich smoothie, you want to always try and include 3 main components… 1) a quality protein powder; 2) a healthy fat source (full-fat coconut milk, MCT oil, coconut oil, avocado, nut butters; 3) an added fiber (ground flaxseed, chia seeds, avocado, berries, greens, approved fiber supplement). By following these simple guidelines it will help ensure that you don’t start your day with a big sugar load, followed by an insulin spike and a subsequent sugar crash!
This cucumber and basil smoothie is packed with protein, vitamins, healthy fat, fiber and antioxidants that will keep you satisfied for hours. What a refreshing, energizing and healthy way to start a hot summer day!
- 1/2-1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk (can also use half water)
- 1 Tbsp MCT oil
- 2″ slice of cucumber
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen organic blueberries
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 scoop of bone broth protein powder or collagen
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed or chia seeds
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
- 2 sprigs of fresh basil
- ice (add according to desired thickness)
- liquid stevia (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender (and mix well.
- Add ice and blend again.