Curry Chicken Salad
The curry spice, the sweetness of the apple and cranberries and the crunch of the cashews combine to make this chicken salad so delicious and flavorful!! This dish would be perfect for a light lunch with a side of veggies but is hearty enough to serve as a dinner entree. Serve over fresh greens for a beautiful salad or in a tortilla/lettuce wrap.
Note: Some easy swaps for this salad would be: 1) celery for the carrots; 2) raisins for the cranberries; 3) sunflower seeds for the cashews.
- 2+ cups cooked chicken, cut up (I used some chicken tenderloins that I cooked up. Of course, rotisserie chicken would be great as well.)
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 Tbsp of dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- ½ cup yellow apple, chopped (or other variety)
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- In a mixing bowl, add the chicken, onion, carrots, and apple. (I like to drizzle a little lime juice directly over the apple pieces to minimize oxidation, but this is optional.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, mustard, lime juice, curry powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the curry mayo dressing over the top of the chicken.
- Fold in the cranberries, cashews, and cilantro.
- Chill salad in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving.