English Pea and Cauliflower Rice Skillet
This side dish is an example of how you can put simple ingredients together and come up with a delicious side or meal. After I made this, I had to go back and write down the ingredients. To be perfectly honest, I hadn’t measured anything so these are really just guesstimates. Don’t be nervous, it’ll taste great. There’s no need to feel intimidated in the kitchen. Be creative and have fun with it! What’s the worst that could happen?!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons prepared chopped garlic
- 10 oz bag of English peas (I found mine at Trader Joe’s) or frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced Baby Bella mushrooms
- 2-2½ cups cauliflower rice
- 1 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2-3 dashes of cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil. Add onions and cook just until translucent.
- Add another tablespoon of oil. Then add garlic, peas and spices (except cayenne pepper). Stirring continuously, cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes. If skillet is getting dry, add remaining oil.
- Stir in cauliflower rice. Continue to stir and combine all ingredients. Add cayenne pepper, if desired. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until cauliflower is just tender. Don’t overcook.