Flourless Keto Bread
Have you been following the primal/paleo way and avoiding all the grains? Do you sometimes just crave a slice of bread or a sandwich for lunch. This bread will do the trick without causing you to derail off your eating plan. Grain-free, low carb and delicious! The key is the psyllium husk powder which comes from the husk of the psyllium plant seeds. It is naturally gluten-free and is a great source of fiber. It can be used as an egg replacement in recipes as well as a flour replacement as in the case with this bread recipe.
Note: You can use 1 cup of tahini instead of half and half or vice versa, 1 cup of nut butter.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon ACV (I use Bragg’s)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder (can purchase on Amazon)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- sunflower seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the baking soda and the ACV. (It will bubble up.)
- Add eggs and beat with electric mixer for 2-3 minutes or until frothy.
- Add the tahini, almond butter, psyllium husk and coconut oil. Beat until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Top with sunflower seeds, if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check doneness by inserting a toothpick into center of bread.
- Transfer bread to a cooling rack.
- Once completely cooled, wrap or place in ziplock bag and store in the refrigerator. Slice as needed.