Grain-Free (Keto) Bread
This might be one of the easiest bread recipes to make, not to mention one of the best tasting. If you do not have psylium husk in your pantry, it might be a good idea to invest in some (Amazon is easiest). Also, let’s briefly mention the paleo flour. I have it in some of my other recipes and it really is convenient for use in any grain-free baking. I usually make my own (my recipe is posted). You can also purchase it, however, it can be difficult to find in grocery stores.
If your pantry is not stocked with the ingredients you need for this bread, it will require a little effort initially. However, when you smell it baking in your oven and bite into a warm slice slathered with grass-fed butter, it will have been so worth it!!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup paleo flour
- ¼ cup psyllium husk
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 eggs, beaten (room temperature)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp raw honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together over a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and olive oil to the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Stir in the warm water (if adding honey, stir into the warm water prior to adding).
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until bread is a deep golden brown.
- Once removed from the oven, take the bread out of the pan and place on a cooling rack.
- Allow the bread to cool slightly before slicing. (If you can…the smell is amazing!!)