Who doesn’t love a great margarita? The only problem as we all know is the amount of calories and sugar in one of those innocent and delicious looking drinks. So what if you could enjoy one (or two!) without all the guilt? Enter the kombucha margarita. Whether you enjoy a blended strawberry or a regular on the rocks…this recipe will have you doing the Mexican Hat dance! And if you’re not familiar with Kombucha, it is a fermented tea. It’s a great way to get some extra probiotics for a healthy gut…a total win win. So give these a try and I promise you will not be disappointed. Delish!
- 1 oz tequila (Use a quality brand that is 100% agave. I used Hornitos)
- 4 oz ginger Kombucha
- 1 oz organic lime juice
- 1 oz triple sec, orange juice, water/stevia (for a touch of sweetness)
- fresh lime
- margarita salt (for glass rim)
- frozen organic strawberries
- In a cocktail shaker or glass jar with a lid, add tequila, kombucha, lime juice and sweetener of choice. Gently mix and open slowly so drink doesn’t overflow.
- Slice lime and wet the rim of a cocktail glass. Turn upside down into margarita salt.
- Fill glass with ice and pour margarita into glass.
- For the frozen strawberry version, add your liquids, strawberries and ice to a blender. Blend on high until you get a smooth consistency. Add to salt rimmed glass.