Lemon Blueberry Chia Pudding
Like many parts of the country, we’ve had a crazy, cold Spring this year. I’ve been so ready for warm sunshine, flowers and green grass. It’s finally happening here in Virginia and the smell of spring is in the air! And nothing represents spring to me more than the combination of lemon and blueberry. This chia pudding hits the spot…so yummy. Enjoy for breakfast or dessert.
Note: You can use any combination of liquid you would like. You could also use half unsweetened greek yogurt for your liquid combination. May need to add a little extra liquid depending on your thickness preference.
Ingredients (makes 3-4 servings)
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk (If milk has solidified, put can in warm oven for 5 minutes and shake well.)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest (about 1½ tablespoons juice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon stevia powder or 1-2 teaspoon raw honey (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until well combined. About 1 minute.
- Pour into small glasses or ramekins. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours. I usually make mine the night before so they’re ready to go in the morning.
- Top with your favorite toppings…nuts, berries or shredded coconut.