Lemon Crusted Baked Mahi Mahi
We all know how healthy and nutritious wild-caught fish is so here’s a recipe that’s easy to prepare and requires minimal ingredients. In fact, you may have most of these ingredients already in your kitchen.
Note: Cod or Halibut would also be great options.
- 1-2 lbs wild-caught mahi mahi filets
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 3 Tbsp ghee or butter (softened or melted)
- 2 tsp jarred minced garlic
- 2 tsp capers
- 3 Tbsp almond flour
- 1-2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the filets with salt and pepper. Place in a sprayed 9×13 glass pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the ghee. lemon juice, garlic, and capers. Mix together and set aside.
- In another small bowl, add the almond flour, parsley, basil, paprika, and lemon zest. Using a fork, mix together and remove any lumps from the almond flour.
- Drizzle or spread the gheee mixture over the filets.
- Top each filet with the an even proportion of the dry seasoning mixture . Lightly tap down to secure to the filets.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, depending on filet thickness.
- Filets should be opaque and flaky when checked with a fork.