Loaded Cold Tuna Salad
The hot days of July call for a lunch that is light, refreshing and doesn’t involve turning on your oven. This tuna salad checks all of those boxes and is quick and easy to boot!! Perfect for summer and can be made ahead of time as well.
- 3 cans of sustainably caught tuna (drained)
- ½ cup diced cucumbers
- ¼ cup shredded carrots (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsp minced jarred garlic (or 2-3 minced cloves)
- 1½ Tbsp spicy brown or dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp approved mayo
- juice of half a lime or lemon
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl and drizzle with lime juice to keep it from oxidizing and turning brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, add tuna, cucumbers, carrots, onion, garlic, mustard, mayo and salt and pepper. Mix briefly to combine all of the ingredients.
- Fold in the mashed avocado.
- Drizzle with the EVOO.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour to chill.
- Serve over a bed of greens, in a lettuce wrap or as a side with your favorite veggies.