Mediterranean Spiralized Zucchini and Artichokes
This little side dish just kind of evolved out of my need to use up the zucchini I had in the refrigerator. I used canned artichoke hearts here but I have also used frozen artichoke hearts which are even easier. Also, not everyone loves olives so if you are not a big fan, simply omit them.
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 2 medium sized zucchinis, spiraled
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons prepared minced garlic
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can artichokes, well drained and sliced (12 oz frozen bag)
- 1/2 cup julienned cut sun dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- green or Kalamata olives, sliced (I used about 20 olives and did a combination of both)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (feta is delicious as well)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Spiralize the unpeeled zucchini and set aside (or buy prepackaged).
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for several minutes.
- Add garlic and spices and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add artichokes, sun dried tomatoes and zucchini. Stir to combine and cook until zucchini is tender, approximately 4-5 minutes. Do not want to overcook the zucchini or it will get watery and mushy.
- Stir in olives and cheese and remove from heat.