Paleo Blueberry Banana Walnut Bars
These bars are gluten-free, grain-free, low in sugar, healthy, and delicious!! They are not overly sweet but you certainly get plenty of natural sweetness from the blueberries, banana, and applesauce (not to mention that little kiss of maple syrup). Because of this, they are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert!
Cut these beautiful bars and serve warm or at room temp. Top with a drizzle of maple syrup or honey or enjoy as is!!
Notes: Paleo flour is used in this recipe. You can purchase paleo flour in most grocery stores/Amazon, or make your own from my recipe under “soups, salads, and sides”.
- 1½ cup paleo flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 Tbsp grass-fed butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp quality maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the banana, applesauce, melted butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. Whisk together until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated. Don’t over-mix.
- Fold in the blueberries and walnuts (reserving a desired amount for the top of batter).
- Pour batter into a sprayed 8×8 baking pan and top with reserved blueberries and walnuts.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes. I usually do a touch test when getting close to the end of the baking time. Should be springy to the touch in the center of the pan. Be careful not to over bake or they will get dry.
- Allow to cool in pan before cutting.