Pork Sausage Sweet Potato Hash
I love a hearty and healthy hash! They’re filling, flavorful and extremely easy to adjust based on individual likes and what you might have in your fridge. I used a seasoned pork sausage I bought at the farmers market but feel free to use any form of ground meat you prefer. I also love topping my hash dishes with a fried egg, but if that is not something you’re into, simply bypass that step.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed and roasted
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2-3/4 cup shredded carrots
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 pepper
- eggs, fried
- feta cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425. Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with coconut oil or drizzle sweet potatoes with a little olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and some smoked paprika. Roast for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your sweet potato cubes.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat and add the coconut oil. Add pork sausage and break apart. Add the green pepper and the onion. Season with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat until vegetables become tender and the pork sausage is browned.
- Remove from heat and set aside or put in a warm oven to keep until ready to plate.
- Heat a frying pan and cook the number of eggs needed.
- To serve, place a serving of the hash on a plate, top with a fried egg, feta cheese and any other desired toppings.