Primal Broccoli and Apple Salad
There is so much to love about this salad! It’s fresh, crunchy, creamy and really easy to put together!! It makes a great side dish for any occasion or evening meal. If you’re taking this salad to a potluck or serving a larger group of people, you may want to double the recipe…it’s that good!
Note: Ingredient swaps and add-ins…not feeling the walnuts, swap out for pecans or sunflower seeds. Toss in a handful of cranberries for added color and sweetness. Add some cauliflower florets to really amp up the veggie content.
- 2 medium heads of organic broccoli, cut into equal-sized florets
- 1/2 cup shredded or chopped carrots
- 1/4-1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 small apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Primal mayo
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp raw honey
- Himalayan salt and ground pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl, add all salad ingredients.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the salad and stir to evenly coat all the broccoli.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to marry.