Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Sweet Potatoes and Sausage with Sriracha Aioli Sauce
The night I made this dish our son was coming home from college for the weekend so it only made sense for me to double the recipe. I went heavy on the Brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes so feel free to cut back on the quantity if desired.
I would be remiss in not taking a moment to talk about the star of the dish. This sriracha aioli sauce is so delicious and flavorful! It really does take this basic dish to the next level. As the case when making any sauce, taste as you go and tweak it to your personal preferences. If you like things with more kick, add more sriracha or a few dashes of cayenne pepper.
- 1 lb Italian sausage links, sliced into 1/2″ pieces (I had 4 large links)
- 4-5 cups brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved (I used more like 6 cups)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ¼” cubes
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Sriracha Aioli Sauce:
- 1/3-1/2 cup approved mayo
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- juice of 1/2 lime (about 1-1½ Tbsp)
- 1-2 tsp jarred minced garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ACV
- 1 tsp maple syrup (I used the sugar-free brand, Lakanto)
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- On a foiled rimmed sheet pan, add Brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes and spread out evenly. Drizzle with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. (Feel free to add additional seasonings of choice.)
- Roast vegetables for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Add sausage and return to oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Pour sauce over the vegetables and sausage and mix until evenly coated. I returned the pan to the oven and broiled for 5 minutes to brown things up a bit. (This is optional.)