Root Vegetable and Green Bean Medley
I truly love any roasted vegetable! This combination of root vegetables with green beans was not only beautiful to look at but so delicious as well. As you can see, my ingredient proportions are quite large. This serves two purposes…I always want more the next day (or two days) and leftovers can be a big time saver later in the week! Simple serve with any protein of choice. Feel free to cut the recipe in half if you do not want all the leftovers.
Ingredients (Serves 6-8)
- 2 Fennel Bulbs, cut into 1/2″ wedges
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2″wedges
- 1- 1 lb bag organic whole carrots (I left mine unpeeled), cut into 2′ chunks
- 1 – 1 lb bag fresh green beans
- 2 lemons, 1/4′ slices (optional)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (or similar cheese)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare and cut all vegetables and put in large mixing bowl to toss. (If you do not want to dirty an additional bowl, toss directly onto sheet pan lined with parchment paper).
- Drizzle EVOO over vegetables and add spices. Toss well.
- Pour onto sheet pan lined with parchment paper and place lemon slices on top.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove and sprinkle feta cheese on top. Return to oven for an additional 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.