Salmon Avocado Mash
As far as I’m concerned, canned Wild-caught Alaskan salmon should be a staple in everyone’s pantry! It’s inexpensive, convenient, versatile, and packed with nutrients. Salmon is a complete protein with vitamins D and E, selenium, iron, magnesium, and B complex vitamins, but the biggest celebrity of them all, omega-3 fatty acids! Omega-3’s are crucial in helping fight inflammation in the body. Inflammation is a major contributing factor in nearly all diseases. Eating canned salmon once a week can help reduce your risk of developing arthritis, heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. Is that convincing enough for you?
Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 1 15 oz. can Wild-caught Alaskan salmon (drained)
- 2 avocados (mashed)
- 2 hard boiled eggs (optional)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Primal-approved mayo
- 2 tablespoons jarred relish (no sugar added)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lime or lemon (this helps keep the avocados from turning brown)
- Add the salmon to a large mixing bowl. Smash the avocados (and eggs) on a separate plate or add directly to salmon and smash in the bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. I had a scoop for lunch along with some veggies, aged cheese, and nuts.