Sausage and Veggie Skillet
This recipe is an example of how healthy meals don’t have to be complicated and time consuming. It’s just a matter of putting together some quality protein, some veggies you may have in the refrigerator (or maybe the freezer) and a few spices. Ingredient lists don’t have to be fancy to taste delicious. Let’s face it, sometimes you have to cook on the fly and work with what you have on hand. I think some of the best dishes can be created this way.
Ingredients (4-5 servings)
- 4-5 Primal-approved pre-cooked sausages, sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2-3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 purple onion, cut into larger pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into larger pieces
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3-4 handfuls of spinach
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stirring several times.
- Add peppers, broccoli, onion, garlic and spices. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Move vegetables to the sides of the skillet, making an opening in the middle. Add a little extra oil and the sausage. Allow sausage to brown slightly. Add spinach and stir to combine all ingredients. Cook until spinach is wilted (1-2 minutes).