Smoked Oysters with Olives and Tomatoes
If you’ve never tried smoked oysters, I highly recommend them! They are inexpensive and a great source of protein, healthy fats and iron. I always have these on hand and will often toss them on a salad or serve them with a veggie and cheese platter. Not an olive fan, try replacing them with chopped celery or carrots. This is also delicious with some fresh feta cheese added! Enjoy this great little side dish on it’s own or serve on a bed of arugula or your favorite greens.
Note: I buy mine at Trader Joe’s or order them on Thrive Market. (Amazon and Whole Foods have them but they are more expensive.). I have yet to find them at any of our local grocery stores. If you find an off brand, be sure to read the ingredient list.
- 3 oz can Crown Prince smoked oysters, drained (I buy mine at Trader Joe’s or on Thrive Market)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6-8 kalamata olives
- 6-8 green olives
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried basil (could also use fresh chopped basil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.