Smoked Salmon Cucumber Appetizers
I’ve made these salmon cucumber bites for several different gatherings now and they are always a big hit. They’re a great finger food…no plate required (just in case you have a cocktail in the other hand). I like to make the spread ahead of time so the flavors can come together and it has a chance to chill. Then simply put a dollop on each cucumber slice and they’re ready to serve.
Note: I’ve found that Costco has the best buy for the smoked salmon.
- 8 oz smoked salmon
- 4 oz full-fat cream cheese (room temperature is best)
- 1/4 cup Primal avocado mayo ( additional 1-2 tablespoons, if needed)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (about 1-2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2-3 green onions (about ¼ cup)
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½-1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste (may not need salt if using capers)
- 1-2 seedless cucumbers
- In a food processor, add all ingredients (except cucumbers) and mix until combined. Taste periodically and adjust mayo, dill weed and salt amounts.
- Cut cucumbers into ¼” slices. Place desired amount of salmon spread onto each slice. Sprinkle with a touch of dill weed to finish them off.