Spinach Bacon Artichoke Dip
Who doesn’t love spinach artichoke dip? It always seems to be the first dip to disappear at any gathering. Unfortunately, most are made with questionable ingredients. This recipe, on the other hand, is one you can feel good about and is a sure winner for any party or potluck. Serve with fresh veggies and/or home-made plantain chips. It’s creamy but also has a little bit of crunch with the bacon and water chestnuts. Enjoy!
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed to remove as much liquid as possible)
- 1- 14 oz can of artichokes (chopped and well drained)
- 6 slices cooked bacon, roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves chopped garlic (or substitute with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2-3/4 cup Primal/Paleo mayo
- 1/2 cup plain hummus (look for brands made with olive oil)
- 1/2 cup chopped canned water chestnuts
- 1/2-3/4 cup fresh crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place bacon slices on a foil lined (or parchment paper) baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on how crispy you like it.
- Remove from oven and transfer bacon onto paper towel to remove excess grease.
- Once cooled, chop or tear into small pieces.
- In the meantime, lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (reserve a small amount of bacon and the parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top.
- Mix until well blended. Transfer mixture to an oven safe dish. Sprinkle with extra cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Note: I gave a range for the mayo and the cheese amounts so you can add based on your preferences. I usually start with the lesser amount and add accordingly.