Sweet Potato and Sausage Breakfast Dinner Bowl
“Breakfast for dinner” is not a new concept and is pretty self explanatory. Choose your meat, your favorite vegetables, cook them all up together and top with a fried egg. If you’re more of a scrambled egg person, that works as well. Either way, this is delicious for dinner or breakfast!
Ingredients (4-5 servings)
- 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil or ghee
- 12 oz Primal-approved sausage, sliced
- 1 large or 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, washed and cubed into consistent size
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1″ strips
- 2-3 cups chopped kale (remove all woody stems)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 4-5 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust heat if necessary.
- When sweet potatoes begin to soften, add sliced sausage and green peppers. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, again stirring frequently. If skillet starts to dry out, add a few tablespoons of water when needed.
- Add mushrooms, cauliflower rice and green onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes, combining all the ingredients together.
- Stir in chopped kale and allow it to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover or place in warm oven till ready to use.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Drop the eggs into hot skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low and season with salt and pepper. When whites are set and yolks begin to thicken, flip eggs and cook until desired doneness.
- Spoon sweet potato and sausage mixture into serving bowls. Top with one egg.