Tahini Herb Pesto
I love me some pesto! Pestos are the bomb for several reasons. 1) Can be whipped up in 5 minutes. 2) Very difficult to mess up the end product. 3) Extremely versatile. 4) Easy to swap out ingredients.
So let’s just talk a little bit about the ingredients in pesto and how you can just “do you” as long as you have the foundation. Don’t have spinach? Use kale or arugula (I even threw in some radish greens). Don’t like cilantro? Use parsley or basil instead. No walnuts on hand? Try pecans or cashews. Don’t have tahini or don’t even know what tahini is? Add additional olive oil. You get the picture. And as you can see from my ingredient amounts, no need to be precise. It’s so easy!
Don’t know what to do with pesto? Here are a few suggestions.
- Serve on a burger or chicken thigh
- Dip your veggies in it
- Serve over some spiralized zucchini
- Put on top of a salad
- Top off a baked sweet potato
Again, you get the picture. Serve it over everything. It’s that good!!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup tahini
- spinach (several handfuls)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- cilantro/parsley (5-6 sprigs)
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- garlic (2-3 cloves)
- salt and pepper to taste
- water, if needed
- In a food processor, add all ingredients and blend until pesto reaches a desired consistency. Add a little water at a time if pesto is too thick.
- Store in a jar with lid in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. (It probably won’t last that long!)
** Note: Taste the pesto as you go and adjust your ingredients according to what tastes good to you.